SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
Senior Civil Engineer
Resource Concepts, Inc. (RCI) has an immediate opening for full time Senior Civil Engineer in our Carson City office. The position requires a Nevada Professional Engineer (PE) license with a minimum of five years of experience. Ideal candidates have experience in municipal water and sewer system design, drainage, grading and permitting. A keen understanding of budgets and deadlines, being self-motivated and detail-oriented, and strong communications skills are essential. The ability to work well with others, provide mentoring, and offer leadership for the engineering team are a priority. Being licensed as a PE in the State of California is a plus.
Work will involve permitting, design and construction inspection/management throughout northern Nevada, northern California, and the Lake Tahoe area. Duties also include supervision and mentoring of other engineers, team building, and providing engineering leadership. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A strong commitment to teamwork and working closely with staff
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Nevada
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Professional Engineer
- Experience in utility design, water, sewer, drainage, grading, and land development
- Strong written and verbal communication, and computational skills
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed plans and reports
- Ability to meet budgets and schedules in a fast-paced consulting environment
Send resume and cover letter to:
Resource Concepts, Inc. (RCI) is a great place to expand your career. Our booming economy continues to create a need for development, and a necessity for quality civil engineers. If you’re looking for a team that will appreciate your effort, prides itself on quality work, values and supports professional growth, and understands the importance of family, then RCI is the place for you.
Nestled in Carson City, Nevada, RCI is comfortably established just a few minutes’ walk to downtown Carson City, is conveniently located 30 miles south of Reno and 18 miles east of Lake Tahoe. The increasingly diverse community offers lots of eateries, shopping, micro-breweries, and fine dining. It is an ideal place to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors. Nearby are historic Virginia City, and the Towns of Genoa, Minden, and Gardnerville. The eastern sierra offers many outdoor activities such as camping, rafting, boating, trail running, mountain biking, climbing, fishing, hunting, and skiing. The economic climate in Northern Nevada is equally healthy, with companies such as Apple, Tesla, Amazon, Google, Switch, and Patagonia finding a home in Reno’s business-friendly environment.
Established in 1978, RCI recently celebrated 44 years in business. Our mission is to serve private and public clients by providing cost effective, innovative, practical, and sustainable engineering, surveying, water, and resource solutions. Ethical leadership, teamwork, quality products, client satisfaction, a work environment supporting employees’ personal and professional growth, and a keen understanding of economic and social realities, are the foundation of RCI’s success.
Our staff at RCI sincerely appreciates the relationships we share with our long-term clients, many of whom we have served for more than 35 years. We are located in historic Carson City, and Lake Tahoe, Nevada, and provide our services in Nevada, California and several of our surrounding states.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance Options (AFLAC)
- Retirement Savings Plan (401(k))
- Company Perks
- Educational Support
- Costco Membership
- Computer Incentive Policy
- Cell Phone Benefits
- Professional License Fees / Professional Dues
- Family Friendly Atmosphere
If you like the idea of being part of a team where people appreciate your efforts, look for opportunity to grow professionally in a fun family atmosphere, RCI may be the right place.
PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR OR SURVEY PARTY CHIEF
Professional Land Surveyor OR Survey Party Chief
Why Join RCI:
Resource Concepts, Inc. (RCI) is a great place to expand your career. The Northern Nevada, Eastern Sierra and surrounding areas continue to have a need for development, thus a necessity for quality surveyors. If you’re looking for a team that will appreciate your effort, prides itself on accurate work, values professional growth, and understands the importance of family, then RCI is the place for you.
What We Do:
Established in 1978, RCI is celebrating 45 years in business. Our mission is to serve private and public clients by providing cost effective, innovative, practical, and sustainable engineering, surveying, water, and resource solutions.
Who We Are:
Ethical leadership, teamwork, quality products, and client satisfaction are the core of our business. A work environment that supports employees’ personal and professional growth, with a keen understanding of economic and social realities, is the foundation of RCI’s long-lasting success. We are committed and passionate individuals who bring our unique styles and strengths together to create a positive and encouraging culture.
Who We Are Looking For:
A reliable, trustworthy person to provide topographic, construction, ALTA, and boundary surveys throughout the Tahoe Basin, Carson City, Carson Valley, Reno, and surrounding areas including the Eastern Sierra and portions of California.
- Full time (40 hours / week), Permanent (Year-round) Party Chief.
- Workdays are typically 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Position requires both office and field experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of Trimble robotic total stations, GPS, and data collectors. Familiarity with Trimble Business Center is a bonus.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- FAA 107 Drone Pilots license and/or experience with DJI Phantom 4 RTK a bonus.
- Strong background in GIS data collection and map preparation a bonus.
- Prefer 5+ years’ experience in survey with at least 2+ years in responsible charge of a day-to-day field crew.
- Ability to work in a motivated, team-oriented environment in which each is encouraged to bring their unique skill set to improve the team.
- LSIT or PLS (NV or CA) is a plus, but not required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary, based on experience.
- Paid Time Off and 10 Company Paid Holidays.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance.
- Supplemental Health Insurance Options (AFLAC).
- Retirement Savings Plan (401(k)) with company match.
- Company Perks such as:
- Educational Support.
- Costco Membership.
- Computer Incentive Policy.
- Professional License Fees / Professional Dues.
- Family Friendly Atmosphere.
- Based out of the Carson City office.
Send resume and letter of interest to:
Todd Enke, Survey Director