Water Rights Specialist
Ms. Maurer has over 23 years’ experience with water rights work, in both underground and surface water right sources in the State of Nevada. She works closely with the engineers at the Nevada Division of Water Resources in preparation and filing of water right original appropriations, applications to change, application mapping, reports of conveyance, abstracts of title, extension applications, and general water right permit maintenance. Her experience includes:
- Evaluating project water-demand to ensure adequate resources are available for new projects.
- Consulting with clients, as well as TMWA & Washoe County, to determine water demands for “will-serve” commitments or dedication in favor of domestic wells.
- Drafting supporting maps for irrigation, municipal, mining, commercial, wildlife and environmental projects.
- Planning water rights strategies and developing systems of projecting target-meter readings to prove beneficial use.
- Preparing and recording water rights deeds, legal descriptions, easements and exhibit maps.
- Preparing chains of title and reports of conveyance and filing with State Engineer.