National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Compliance
The National Environmental Policy Act, or NEPA, was established in 1969 to provide national policies and goals for the protection of the environment. NEPA is applicable to all projects that involve federal land, federal monies, or federal agencies. Resource Concepts, Inc. scientists have prepared numerous documents, to assist clients in compliance with NEPA on BLM and US Forest Service lands.
Compliance under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is required for all projects in the State of California that are undertaken, funded, or requiring issuance of a permit by a public agency. RCI has frequently conducted the field surveys necessary and obtained approved site clearances for land disturbing activities. RCI has also conducted public scoping in compliance with NEPA and CEQA requirements.
The projects below are examples of NEPA and CEQA projects completed by RCI in the past 10 years
- O’Banion Road Special Use Permit/Environmental Assessment, BA/BE – USFS Bridgeport Ranger District.
- Incline Village GID Export Pipeline Environmental Assessment, TRPA
- Meadow Valley Wash Emergency Action Plan – BLM EA-NV-040-0532.
- Coyote Springs Investment, Clark County. Section 404 Individual Permit Army Corps of Engineers Environmental Assessment – ACOE St. George Field Office.
- Whitewater Park at Wingfield. Section 404 Individual Permit Army Corps of Engineers Environmental Assessment – ACOE Reno Field Office.
- Toquop/Pah Rah Land Exchange Environmental Assessment – BLM.
- North Douglas County Specific Plan Amendment and Environmental Assessment – BLM EA-NV-030-00-028.
- Syncon Homes Water Tank Project Environmental Assessment – BLM.
- High Sierra Communications Tower and Access Road – BLM Environmental Assessment.
- Incline Park Environmental Impact Statement (NEPA and TRPA)
- Johnson Lane Area Electric System Improvements Project Environmental Assessment – BLM EA-NV-030-00-037.
- Bagley Valley Watershed Restoration Project Environmental Assessment and Mitigated Declaration (NEPA and CEQA) – Prepared for the USFS.