Ms. Sylvia has over 16 years’ experience with water rights work, including water rights research and filings for both underground and surface water right sources in the State of Nevada, working closely with the Engineers at the Nevada Division of Water Resources. She is experienced in preparation and filing of water right original appropriations, applications to change, application mapping, reports of conveyance, abstracts of title, extension applications, and general water right permit maintenance. Ms. Sylvia’s experience also includes coordination with all 17 Nevada Counties Recorder’s and Assessor’s Offices for documentation backing up water right filings. Ms. Sylvia’s experience includes:
- Evaluating project water-demand to ensure adequate resources are available for new projects.
- Consulting with clients, including water utilities, to determine water demands for “will-serve” commitments or dedication in favor of domestic wells.
- Drafting supporting maps for irrigation, municipal, mining, commercial, and environmental projects.
- Planning water rights strategies and developing systems of projecting target-meter readings to prove beneficial use.
- Preparing and recording water rights deeds, legal descriptions, and exhibit maps.
- Preparing chains of title and reports of conveyance filed with State Engineer.